Experience Dooars at its best
Buxa Tiger reserve is one of the most popular places of North Bengal. It is located in the northeastern corner of West Bengal. Earlier it was known for dolomite mining.
Lataguri is situated outside Gorumara National Park on NH-31 under Jalpaiguri district. It is basically a small village located in the Dooars region of the Himalayan foothills.
Latest Places to Visit
- Gorubathan : Tourist Spot, How to Reach and Places to Visitby Rumela De Sarkar
- Rocky Island: Adventure camp, Wildlife and Sightseeingby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Neora Valley National Park: Wildlife, Birding and Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Rishop (Rishyap): Altitude, Snowfall and Sightseeingby Rumela De Sarkar
- Murti: River, Wildlife, Picnic spot, Resorts, Sightseeingby Namrota Ghosh Chowdhury
- Damdim: Tea estate, Sightseeing and Tea gardenby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Jhandi: Wildlife, Eco hut, Jhandi Dara and Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Lolegaon: Wildlife, Homestay, Lava distance, Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Lava: Monestary, Distance to Lolegaon, Rishop, Sightseeingby Rumela De Sarkar
- Santalabari: Wildlife, Jayanti, Lepchakha, Trekking, Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Sevoke (Sivok or sevok) : Coronation Bridge, Teesta River and Kali Templeby Rumela De Sarkar
- Dhupjhora : Elephant Camp, Gachbari and Treehouseby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Matelli Dooars : How to Reach, Places to Visitby Aryama Bhowmik
- Paren Dooars : Forest, How to Reach and nature resortby Namrota Ghosh Chowdhury
- Rongo Dooars: Homestay, River bath and Sightseeingby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Gajoldoba : Teesta Barrage, View Point and Picnic Spot, Baikunthapurby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Hatipota : Picnic Spot, Forest Bungalow, and How to Reachby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Phuentsholing: Bhutan, How to Reach, Monastery, Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Raimatang : Picnic Spot, River, Tea Estate and Sightseeingby Rumela De Sarkar
- Kunjanagar : Eco Park, Forest and How to Reachby Somani Das
Hotel, Resorts and Homestays of Dooars
- Prime Murti Resort, Lataguri Resort, Dooarsby Rumela De SarkarHotel Prime Murti provides complete comfort with modern necessities. This hotel is situated 70km away from the New Jalpaiguri Junction. The location of the hotel is amidst the tranquil surroundings. The location of the hotel is very close to the Murti River.
- Chapramari Wilderness Camp (Panjhora), Chapramariby Rumela De SarkarChapramri wilderness camp of Panjhora forest is situated in the periphery of Chapramari Wildlife sanctuary just beside the everflowing beautiful Murti River. This is a nature resort maintained by the Govt. of West Bengal.
- Lepchakha Homestay (Heaven of Dooars), Buxa Tiger Reserveby Spandan BhowmikSituated on the hilltop, Heaven of Dooars Homestay is the most favourite to maximum tourists, who come to Lepchakha throughout the year. It is situated on an open wide open space, where from the clear view of the entire hill and forest are clearly visible.
- Jaldapara Tourist Lodge (Aranya Resort), Jaldaparaby Manjistha DeAranya resort, Previously known as Jaldapara tourist Lodge is a forest bungalow located in Madarihat. Circled by the dense forest of Jaldapara. This government resort is one of the oldest and most preferred stay in Jaldapara.
- Hollong Tourist Lodge(Hollong Bangalow), Jaldaparaby Manjistha DeLocated in the midst of the dense forest, Hollong Tourist Lodge is maintained by the West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation. It is also famous as Hollong Bungalow, situated in a spacious area, surrounded by the dense forest of Jaldapara.
- Jaldapara Wild Hut, Madhya Madarihat, Jaldaparaby Spandan BhowmikJaldapara Wild Hut is one of the most popular resorts in Jaldapara. It is situated just within 500m of the Jaldapara Gate which makes it easy for you to reach the national park. It is a family-friendly resort ideal for occasions like Holi or Diwali.
- Chilapata Jungle Camp, Chilapataby Manjistha DeChilapata Jungle Camp with its rustic look and idyllic setting attracts travelers who appreciate an authentic, intimate, educative and inspiring interaction with nature and the local culture. It is located in the midst of a lush green forest with its beautiful six elephant cottages and two bamboo cottages.
- Chilapata Wild Cottage, Kodalbasti, Chilapataby Manjistha DeChilapata Wild Cottage gives you the best view of nature with the sound of the wild and the flowing Torsa framed with a breathtaking view of the Kanchenjunga. This is a very small homestay with three cozy rooms located on the corridor between Chilapata forest and Jaldapara National Park.
- Banante Resort, Jayanti, Buxa Tiger Reserveby Spandan BhowmikBanante resort is one of the oldest resorts in Jayanti. It is situated on the banks of the Jayanti River in the beautiful village of Jayanti. We rank it number 2 in Jayanti because of its location, food, and service. They used to be the only source of food till 2015.
- Mendabari Jungle Camp, Mendabari, Chilapataby Manjistha DeMendabari Jungle camp is one of the best options if you want to enjoy a silent night in the midst of nature below a clear sky full of stars, along with the frequent sounds of the wildlife around the compound. The resort and its adjacent areas are also the perfect places if you want to know about the tribal folks and their culture.
- Murti Banani Resort, Murti, Lataguriby Rumela De SarkarMurti Banani resort is situated on the bank of the Murti River and it’s about 70km from NJP. The resort with its 2stored main building and cottages is spread across the garden. It is one of the WBFDC’s most prominent lodges.
- Resort Trimurti, Murti, Lataguri, Dooarsby Manjistha DeThe rooms are spacious, comfortable, and assembled with modern amenities to maintain the luxury living of the guests. The hotel also provides mouth-watering foods along with excellent room service. You can get spacious living cabins for refreshed stays. The hotel is also very pocket-friendly for memorable vacations, which will never hurt your expectations.
- Rongo River Valley Homestay, Rongo, Jhalongby Spandan BhowmikThe resort is situated just beside the stream of Jholung and surrounded by the beautiful Rongo forest and mountains. Now, Rongo is already an offbeat place with only 500 people in the village. But this homestay is situated in an even more serene pocket of the mountain.
- Hollong Eco Village Resort, Madhya Madarihat, Jaldaparaby Spandan BhowmikHollong eco village resort is one of the oldest resorts of Jaldapara. Located a little far from the Jaldapara gate but very near to the forest in Madhya Madarihat.
- Jayanti Eco Villa Homestay, Jayanti, Buxa Tiger Reserveby Spandan BhowmikJayanti Eco villa homestay is situated 100 m away from the banks of Jayanti River in the beautiful village of Jayanti. It is just beside the Jayanti School football ground.
- Fairy Bluebird Homestay, Jayanti, Buxa Tiger Reserveby Spandan BhowmikAlthough Fairy bluebird resort doesn’t have a google map location as of yet but it’s not very difficult to find. You have to take the road that passes by the Jayanti High School and goes up to Jayanti River Dam, and just beside Banante Resort, You will find the beautiful, small and private Fairy bluebird homestay.
- Sisamara Forest Bliss Homestay, Jaldaparaby Spandan BhowmikSisamara forest bliss homestay is a resort situated beside the serene river Sisamara and right beside the dense forest of Jaldapara. It is on the route between Madarihat and Falakata, in a village named Salkumar.
- Jayanti Riverview Homestay, Jayanti, Buxa Tiger Reserveby Spandan BhowmikJayanti Riverview is situated on the banks of Jayanti River in the beautiful village of Jayanti. The reason why we rank it number one in Jayanti is because of its location, food and service.
- Gachbari Resort Jaldaparaby Spandan BhowmikImagine living in a cottage away from the chaos of the township, surrounded by tea gardens and the dense forest of Jaldapara and beside a clean water flow. That’s Gachbari resort for you.
- Dooars Forest Safari: Jeep and Elephant Safari, Safari bookingby Ashima RahamanDooars always excites us with its lush green forests, sprawling tea gardens, several National Parks and wildlife sanctuaries, numerous mountain streams, and of course, the wonderful views of the Himalayas forming the backdrop. Apart from these different kinds of safaris like forest safaris, jeep safaris, elephant safaris, birdwatching add to the tourist excitements.
- Places and Resorts beside Jaldhaka River to stayby Ashima RahamanJaldhaka River is a transboundary river flowing through India, Bhutan, and Bangladesh. Situated 99km from Siliguri in the foothills of the Himalayan Jaldhaka River has become an important place for alluring tourists. Along with the amazing view of the riverside, there are several tourist spots near Jaldhaka for tourist attractions
- Places and Resorts beside Torsa River to stayby Sanchari ChattopadhyayTorsa River flows through the Dalsingpara tea estate, Chilapata forest and Jaldapara forest.There are a few resorts beside or at a close proximity to Torsa River you must visit.
- Pokhri Lake (Pokhari/Pukri) and Pokhri Hill, Jayantiby Manjistha DeDooars always excites us with its lush green forests, sprawling tea gardens, several National Parks and wildlife sanctuaries, numerous mountain streams, and of course, the wonderful views of the Himalayas forming the backdrop. Apart from these the amazing jeep safaris, elephant safaris, birdwatching add to the tourist excitements.
- Dooars Forest, National park and Wildlife sanctuaryby Manjistha DeSituated at the south of the outer foothills of the Himalayas, Dooars or Duars is the home of different species of wildlife and vegetation, which have made the place a point of attraction for nature lovers across the country. The dense forests, many wildlife sanctuaries, and national parks have enhanced the overall beauty of the Dooars of North Bengal.
- Places and resort near Murti River and how to reachby Rumela De SarkarMurti river is situated in the forests of the Dooars region. The river is flowing down from the Neora Valley National Park is famous for its scenic beauty. The mesmerizing beauty of this place attracts a lot of tourists. This is a paradise for nature lovers.
- Picnic Spots of Dooars and North Bengalby Manjistha DePicnic is something, which is full of excitement and favorite to all, starting from nine to ninety. It is one of the best activities to extract pleasure and enjoyment in leisure time. It is obviously an escape to the tranquil nature of the regular monotonous life of worldly chaos.
- Tea Gardens of Dooarsby Namrota Ghosh ChowdhuryDooars or Duars is famous for its natural beauty, tea gardens, wild life sanctuaries, soul soothing rivers like Murti, Raidak, Torsha and many more.
- Birds of Dooarsby Deyali DasThere are a lot many things Dooars is known for. Dooars has dense forests rich in wildlife and lush green tea gardens. It also has babbling rivers and beautiful hills on the horizon.
- Best Places to do Birding and Birdwatching in Dooars and North Bengalby Deyali DasDooars or Duars is famous for its tea gardens, wildlife sanctuaries, and rivers like Teesta, Murti, Torsha, Raidak and many more. These geographical variations make Dooars an ideal habitat for hundreds of species of birds.
Hotel Prime Murti provides complete comfort with modern necessities. This hotel is situated 70km away from the New Jalpaiguri Junction. The location of the hotel is amidst the tranquil surroundings. T…