Experience Dooars at its best
Buxa Tiger reserve is one of the most popular places of North Bengal. It is located in the northeastern corner of West Bengal. Earlier it was known for dolomite mining.
Lataguri is situated outside Gorumara National Park on NH-31 under Jalpaiguri district. It is basically a small village located in the Dooars region of the Himalayan foothills.
Latest Places to Visit
- Gorubathan : Tourist Spot, How to Reach and Places to Visitby Rumela De Sarkar
- Rocky Island: Adventure camp, Wildlife and Sightseeingby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Neora Valley National Park: Wildlife, Birding and Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Rishop (Rishyap): Altitude, Snowfall and Sightseeingby Rumela De Sarkar
- Murti: Murti River, Wildlife, Picnic spot, Resorts, Sightseeingby Namrota Ghosh Chowdhury
- Damdim: Tea estate, Sightseeing and Tea gardenby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Jhandi: Wildlife, Eco hut, Jhandi Dara and Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Lolegaon: Wildlife, Homestay, Lava distance, Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Lava: Monestary, Distance to Lolegaon, Rishop, Sightseeingby Rumela De Sarkar
- Santalabari: Wildlife, Jayanti, Lepchakha, Trekking, Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Sevoke (Sivok or Sevok): Coronation Bridge, Teesta River, Kali Templeby Rumela De Sarkar
- Dhupjhora : Elephant Camp, Gachbari and Treehouseby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Matelli Dooars : How to Reach, Places to Visitby Aryama Bhowmik
- Paren Dooars : Forest, How to Reach and nature resortby Namrota Ghosh Chowdhury
- Rongo Dooars: Homestay, River bath and Sightseeingby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Gajoldoba: Teesta Barrage, View Point, Picnic Spot, Baikunthapurby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Hatipota : Picnic Spot, Forest Bungalow, and How to Reachby Sanchari Chattopadhyay
- Phuentsholing: Bhutan, How to Reach, Monastery, Sightseeingby Manjistha De
- Raimatang : Picnic Spot, River, Tea Estate and Sightseeingby Rumela De Sarkar
- Kunjanagar : Eco Park, Forest and How to Reachby Somani Das
Hotel, Resorts and Homestays of Dooars
- Rhino Resort Jaldapara, Dooars Resortby Manjistha DeRhino Resort, Jaldapara is the most preferred one amongst tourists due to its fantastic location in the middle of green and dense forests. The resort offers you breathtaking views of the surroundings along with its amazing accommodation and hospitality. The staff of the resort are very courteous and prompt at providing any assistance.
- Bamboo Village Resort, Chilapataby Manjistha DeBamboo village is a complete jungle Eco-village resort in Chilapata forest. It’s a perfect homestay for friends and families, offering you a high standard of hospitality with facilities of excellent accommodation and numerous opportunities of indulging in several wildlife activities. The staff of the resort are very courteous and prompt at providing any assistance.
- Rasikbil WBFDC Resort, Government Resortby Rumela De SarkarRasikbil WBFDC resort is an eco-resort built by the West Bengal Forest Department Corporation. There are two non-AC cottages and 2 eight bedded rooms in the resort. This eco-resort is bounded by the tall wooded trees from there tourists can enjoy the chirping of birds. All the cottages have a living room. This resort has become one of the famous places for bird watchers and nature lovers.
- Green Island Resort, Jhalongby Manjistha DeGreen island resort is the perfect destination for tourists away from the chaotic world. The resort is spread over a large area with a flower garden, several cottages, and a building. With enthralling views of the mountains and river Jaldhaka in front of the resort, this place is undoubtedly a superb staying option.
- Riverwood Forest Retreat, Lataguri Resort, Dooarsby Ashima RahamanThis resort has spacious rooms with attached bathrooms, separate balconies, a desk and a fireplace. A complimentary breakfast is available. Being closer to Gorumara National Park, which is quite famous for the one-horned Rhino, Riverwood Forest Retreat provides car services for sightseeing and arranges everything for Safari.
- Sinclairs resort Chalsa, Dooarsby Manjistha DeSinclairs resort Chalsa, Dooars located at Chalsa Hilltop, occupies over 20 acres of verdant green. This resort is ideal for tourists who seek solitude coming out from their busy schedules. The place is highly rejuvenating and adventurous at a time. The USP of the resort is to “come and live with nature”.
- Orchid Homestay Chilapata, Dooarsby Manjistha DeOrchid Chilapata Homestay is a very spacious place to spend few days in the lap of nature. There are three wooden cottages, concreted from the outside and nicely decorated with wooden stuff from the inside. The cottages are in a very airy and open place in front of the vast field.
- Villa De Hollong, Jaldapara Resort, Dooarsby Ashima RahamanVilla de Hollong is situated amidst the serene atmosphere of Jaldapara near Purba Madarihat. This location is just 5km away from Jaldapara Forest. You can take a tour of Jaldapara National Park. Avail Elephant Safari. This resort is known for its elegance, comfort and cleanliness. The behaviour and hospitality of the staff and owner are remarkable.
- ORCHID RESORT LATAGURI, GORUMARA, DOOARSby Rumela De SarkarOrchid resort Lataguri 18 km away from the Murti river, Just the opposite of Gorumara forest ticket counter. It is the best option for tourists who are looking for a budget-friendly resort in Lataguri. Far from the city’s hustle in the lap of nature, tourists can spend some quality time with their families here.
- Mohanchura Resort Jayanti, Buxa Tiger Reserveby Ashima RahamanMohanchura Resort provides car services for sightseeing and arranges everything for Safari. The location of the resort is a secluded area far from the madding crowd. It can be your perfect destination for spending a quiet holiday away from life’s mundane routine. They serve food at a reasonable price.
- Ramsai Rhino Camp, Gorumara, Lataguri Government Resortby Manjistha DeRamsai Rhino Camp is in the Kalamati Village, Ramsai, 7 km away in the core area of the dense forest from Lataguri. The entire Gorumara forest range is visible from here, which gives you an enthralling experience as a whole. You can see wildlife, especially wild elephants, varieties of birds, bison, and so many other wild animals.
- Nalgarh Retreat Resort, Chilapataby Manjistha DeThe resort is located on the bank of the Murti River and around 2.5 km from the Batabari bus stand. The tourists can enjoy the sight of the river along with the open view of the Gorumara Forest. The vast lawn is one of the many attractions of the resort. The rooms provide are pretty spacious, and the ambience is equally fantastic.
- Neelkantha Homestay Jayanti, Buxa Tiger Reserveby Ashima RahamanThis three-storied resort has a balcony river view. Bubun da is the manager who arranges food and other requirements. Neelkantha Homestay also provides car services for sightseeing, and if you pay the advance, they will set the Core safari.
- Gorumara Natures Cottage, Murti, Lataguriby Manjistha DeThe resort is located on the bank of the Murti River and around 2.5 km from the Batabari bus stand. The tourists can enjoy the sight of the river along with the open view of the Gorumara Forest. The vast lawn is one of the many attractions of the resort. The rooms provide are pretty spacious, and the ambience is equally fantastic.
- Suntalekhola River Camp, Suntalekholaby Manjistha DeWest Bengal Forest Development Corporation (WBFDC) maintains the Suntalekhola river camp with four tents near the stream of Suntaley. Swiss and Popinjay tents of Suntalekhola River Camp are perched at a significantly higher elevation, giving more privacy and a breathtaking view of the isolated area.
- Prime Murti Resort, Lataguri Resort, Dooarsby Rumela De SarkarHotel Prime Murti provides complete comfort with modern necessities. This hotel is situated 70km away from the New Jalpaiguri Junction. The location of the hotel is amidst the tranquil surroundings. The location of the hotel is very close to the Murti River.
- Chapramari Wilderness Camp (Panjhora), Chapramariby Rumela De SarkarChapramri wilderness camp of Panjhora forest is situated in the periphery of Chapramari Wildlife sanctuary just beside the everflowing beautiful Murti River. This is a nature resort maintained by the Govt. of West Bengal.
- Lepchakha Homestay (Heaven of Dooars), Buxa Tiger Reserveby Manjistha DeSituated on the hilltop, Heaven of Dooars Homestay is the most favourite to maximum tourists, who come to Lepchakha throughout the year. It is situated on an open wide open space, where from the clear view of the entire hill and forest are clearly visible.
- Jaldapara Tourist Lodge (Aranya Resort), Jaldaparaby Manjistha DeAranya resort, Previously known as Jaldapara tourist Lodge is a forest bungalow located in Madarihat. Circled by the dense forest of Jaldapara. This government resort is one of the oldest and most preferred stay in Jaldapara.
- Hollong Tourist Lodge (Hollong Bungalow), Jaldaparaby Manjistha DeLocated in the midst of the dense forest, Hollong Tourist Lodge is maintained by the West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation. It is also famous as Hollong Bungalow, situated in a spacious area, surrounded by the dense forest of Jaldapara.
- Toto tribe: Primitive tribal community of Totopara, Jaldaparaby Sahil SarkarToto tribe is found only in the village of Totopara in Dooars. They were nearly becoming extinct in the 1950s, but recent measures helped preserve their unique heritage and the population grow.
- Sandakphu trek on Low Budget: 4 Nights 5 Days under Rs.4000by Spandan BhowmikAs we talked about the low budget, You will be shocked to hear that we had spent only Rs.3500 per head for a 4-night, 5-day trek to Sandakphu.
- Coochbehar Rajbari: The ticket price, online booking, timingby Ashima RahamanThrough the Durbar Hall, a porch is lined in the centre to supply the main entrance to Coochbehar Rajbari. Durbar Hall in dodecagonal shape was modelled after St. Peter’s Church. Rajbari has more than fifty rooms, Pietra Dura in marble floors, bedrooms, kitchen, library, dining hall, dancing hall, Toshakhana.
- Dooars has some of the underrated gems for Trekking in Indiaby Ashima RahamanThese locations suggested by Beyotee are some of the underrated gems to travel in a group or alone. We have specifically chosen Dooars because it is still an untouched area that might be one of the best routes for trekking in India.
- Best Tea Garden Resorts in Dooars you must visitby Namrota Ghosh ChowdhuryThousands of tourists visit resorts, which are among one of their favourite places to enjoy the vacation. Tea Garden Resorts in Dooars give you the essence of forest life adventure with all the necessary facilities with delicious cuisine.
- Best Riverside Resorts that you must stay in Dooarsby Manjistha DeFrom the rippling rivulets of Jhalong and the exotic Buxa with forest marked by walking trails to the river beds of Jaldapara and the lush greenery of Gorumara National Park, these places are the treats for your eyes. Here are the best riverside resorts that Dooars has to offer.
- Jayanti Mahakal Temple, Jora Pahar, Choto and Boro Mahakalby Ashima RahamanThe Mahakal Caves can be your ultimate choice to seek purification of soul and body and give a fresh start. Situated near the Bhutan border, the caves are predominantly known as a pilgrimage site in Jayanti. The caves hold on to a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. These stalactite caves are counted amongst 51 Shakti Peeths nationwide.
- Solo Trip in Dooars: Top ten places to visit for Solo Tripby Ashima RahamanDooars with an unspoiled terrain of dense forest, ripping rivulets, and the mighty Himalayas is another name of heaven for travellers. Here are the top ten places in Dooars you can plan to visit all alone without giving a second thought.
- Dooars tourist spots that everyone must visitby Manjistha DeDooars is a region full of diversity. With its vast area, the landscape, weather, and beauty frequently change from one place to other. Enormous tourists flock to this region to enjoy the scenic beauty of the hills, forests, and rivers at a time.
- Camping in Dooars : Best places to visit for campingby Ashima RahamanDooars always excites us with its green forests, sprawling tea gardens, National Parks and wildlife sanctuaries, numerous mountain streams, and of course, the beautiful views of the Himalayas forming the backdrop. Dooars is very famous for its rich biodiversity in both hill stations and forests. There are so many camp places in Lataguri, Rocky Island, Suntalekhola, Lepchakha, Jayanti.
Rhino Resort, Jaldapara is the most preferred one amongst tourists due to its fantastic location in the middle of green and dense forests. The resort offers you breathtaking views of the surroundings …